Return to Timeshare Answers Guide®
Why Vacation Timeshare Makes Sense
Don't give your hard-earned money to "rent" hotel rooms!
There is a smarter
For about the same money as it would cost to "rent" a few vacations in a nice
hotel, you can own accommodations forever in a deeded vacation timeshare condo that
exchanges via computer to resorts virtually anywhere in the world!
Vacation timeshare is more popular than ever!
The American Resort Development Association ARDA has published:
- a total of 1,767,000 households own timeshares in the US. The number of timeshare intervals owned by consumers in the US is growing at a compound rate of 9% per year! Over four million households worldwide now own a vacation interval, with owners residing in 190 countries!
- As an aggregate profile, the typical vacation owner is an upper-middle-income, middle-aged, well-educated couple: 77% have incomes over $50,000; 69.2% are 45 years of age or older; and 64% have at least a bachelors degree. The median income of US timeshare owners is $77,000.
- California leads the nation in number of owners by state, with 270,531 owners, representing 15.3% of owners nationwide. By region, the largest percentage of owners reside in the Northeast, which accounts for 38% of all owners.
The largest companies in the resort industry are now selling timeshare resort condos.
Marriott and Disney have produced blistering sales statistics, among others.
The fact that strong consumer legislation now governs the timeshare industry, combined
with the fact that solid developers are now the rule, has given the timeshare industry the
stability once only accorded to luxury hotels.
Why Does Vacation Timeshare Ownership make so much sense? (Four million owners, 4800
- STAY WITHOUT PAYING: Timeshare owners are delighted when they check out at
the end of their week's stay, because their bill is ZERO! (And zero for the rest of their
lives because they OWN their accommodation as deeded property!) The money saved here
quickly pays back the low initial purchase price.
- NOT JUST A HOTEL ROOM: As opposed to being a hotel room renter, enjoy status
and fine treatment as a condo owner. It's a much higher style of vacation. Condos are
spacious, have kitchens and private bedrooms. Sleep up to 10 persons. Most resorts have
great activities/tours all arranged and often free! Spend your time enjoying vacationing.
Save the hours and hassle of planning, because it has already been done for you!
- SAVE $100 PER DAY: Because the condos have kitchens, a family can easily save
$100 a day by not dining in expensive restaurants for every meal. Stock-up the
refrigerator and relax - it's home!
- NO EXTRA CHARGES: There is no charge for extra people like there would be in
a hotel, and no extra costly occupancy taxes so common with hotels.
- OWN, DON'T RENT: Owners can sell their interest whenever they want. Hotels
obviously give NONE of your rent money back.
- A GIFT OF LOVE TO HEIRS: Deeded timeshare owners can will their interest to
their loved ones.
- RECEIVE INCOME: Owners can rent-out their time rather than using it.
- GIFTS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS: One of the most appreciated gifts you can give
is that of a week at a luxurious resort. This is actually one of the biggest joys of
timeshare ownership. It's a great feeling to say to a loved one - "I've booked a week
in a nice resort for you - go enjoy it!"
- HOME RESORT BONUS USE: At their home resort, owners get first choice at
unused time at true bargain owner rates for two and three day stays.
- OWN ONE WEEK BUT USE MANY WEEKS PER YEAR: Timeshare owners have worldwide
"Bonus Time" available. These are extra weeks (and weekend getaways) through the
giant exchange companies such as RCI and I.I. These weeks require no payment of
maintenance fees, can be used on an unlimited basis, and the rates are known to be unheard
of bargains. Luxury and spaciousness at budget prices!
In summary, if you vacation, timeshare makes great financial sense while offering
It also is the perfect means to help achieve the most important thing of all - sharing
quality time with loved ones!
Help for Timeshare Buyers